FOR EDITORS AND UPLOADERS: PARODY TAGS AND CHARACTER RULES

News / announcements will be posted in this forum by staff.
Scarlet Spy

FOR EDITORS AND UPLOADERS: PARODY TAGS AND CHARACTER RULES

Postby Scarlet Spy » 22 Feb 2016, 11:12

I had to repost this. I can't take it anymore.

Please, let's make a more consistent thing!

When adding a new Parody tag on the site, have full assurance:

1. DOES NOT ALREADY EXIST. IF DOES EXIST, THEN JUST CLICK ON IT AND WILL BE ADDED. (please CORRECTLY USE the SEARCH function when adding tags to help ya)
2. It's capitalized. Ex: "Persona 4"; NOT persona 4
3. Have the full english or Romaji Title. Ex: Sword Art Online; NOT Sword Art, or SAO.
4. Add the japanese title as the same form from gallery title: "English Name / Jap name" EXCEPT if does NOT have one.
5. HAVE THE CORRECT NAME ON IT. EX: "Sword Art Online".; NOT Sowrd Art Online, or Sword at Oline etc etc.
6. Sequel series share the same tag like the original one (so e.g. only one tag for Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z / GT). Exceptions are series with completely different characters or universes (Gundam Build Fighters / Gundam Build Fighters Try, Persona 3 / Persona 4, various Final Fantasy games, etc.)
For better example, see the TOUHOU parody tag applied to this doujin: http://www.tsumino.com/Book/Info/18639/ ... u-mureiden

FOR CHARACTER TAGS IS:

1. DOES NOT ALREADY EXIST. IF DOES EXIST, THEN JUST CLICK ON IT AND WILL BE ADDED. (AGAIN! CORRECTLY USE the SEARCH function when adding tags to help ya)
2. It's capitalized. Ex: "Kotegawa Yui"; NOT 'kotegawa yui'
3. HAVE THE FULL NAME OF THE CHARACTER. EX: 'Suika Ibuki'; NOT 'Suika'.
3. ONLY ENGLISH/ROMAJI NAME, DOESN'T NEED THE JAPANESE VER.
4. HAVE THE CORRECTLY NAME ON IT. EX: "Kotegawa Yui"; NOT 'kotgawa yui'
5. For Kantai Collection: Use the tag "Admiral", not "Teitoku".
For better example: See this doujin's characters name: http://www.tsumino.com/Book/Info/17935

General note: Try to tag both missing parodies and characters at the same time. It's faster to take care of both of that at once than having to tag a doujin and moderating it twice because you only tagged one of the two.

Notes concerning specific content tags:
1. Otouto should only be used for Yaoi content. It's used for two (or more) brothers in Incest situations. Use the Elder Sister tag for anything Non-Yaoi instead.
2. Pregnant: Only use it if there's actual Pregnant sex, not just a pregnant belly shown at the end.
3: Mother tags should only be used if there's Incest with their children involved or for NTR situations where mothers are stolen away from their family. Do not use it for characters that just happen to be mothers.
4. Distinguish Netori and Netorare: Netorare is written from the point of view of either the character being stolen or the one getting his lover / family / friend stolen. Netori should only be used if you explicitly get the POV of the stealer, including his thoughts. Never use both the Netorare and Netori tags at once, unless a gallery has two separate stories / cases in it where one of them is Netorare while the other is Netori.
5. The Impregnation tag shouldn't be used for generic Nakadashi. Tag it only if there's sufficient evidence or dialogue that impregnation actually occured. "Get pregnant!" alone doesn't count.
6. Don't tag Futanari content with Yuri, unless there's a significant amount of Yuri before one of the girls grows a dick (at least 50% of the content should be without dicks).
7. Don't automatically tag "Huge Breasts" galleries with "Large Breasts" as well. "Large Breasts" are around the character's head in size, "Huge Breasts" at least twice as big.
8. Pettanko and Loli tags are not to be used for the same character together. Tag "Pettanko" for adult-like women with flat chests, tag "Loli" for characters that are preteens / barely teenagers or look that way.
9. Don't tag Furry content with bestiality.
10. Shemales together with Males don't count for the Yaoi tag.
11. Futa on Futa and Futa on Male tags also apply when one or more of the Futas is a Shemale. Don't use the general "Futanari" tag when there's only Shemales, though.
12. When using the Loli-Baba tag, be sure to tag Loli as well.
You like art? Cool. I like art too! Then why not come check my deviant art or pixiv to see my art!? Thank you, in advance! ^^
Remilia is a cutie.
DO NOT send me upload requests, ask our uploaders for that. ;)
bloody

Re: FOR EDITORS AND UPLOADERS: PARODY TAGS AND CHARACTER RULES

Postby bloody » 22 Feb 2016, 18:03

thanks for the future tips!!!!!!!
chippy

Postby chippy » 22 Feb 2016, 19:47

Solid! Good advice. Thumbs up.

~~Chippy
I'm top poster now? Yay!
Listen to what's going through my head!

Always make time for tea!

Nice try, Vivi.

Getting shit together...
sehki

Postby sehki » 22 Feb 2016, 21:13

Yea, it WAS not searching properly when you wanted to tag an artist or character... making it so you had to make a new tag for it. An example would be when I was uploading a work by Ryo or adding tags to untagged doujins by Ryo... typing Ryo would bring up everything that included "ryo" in it, but not the name RYO itself.

That seems to have been fixed though. I try to tag as best as I can using these rules on this thread so... sorry if I screw it up sometimes. I'm only a human, after all. ;)
Retired. If you wanna find me nowadays, add me on Discord.
Discord: AzamaraSehki#3321
thegamepixel

Postby thegamepixel » 22 Feb 2016, 23:16

sehki wrote:Yea, it WAS not searching properly when you wanted to tag an artist or character... making it so you had to make a new tag for it. An example would be when I was uploading a work by Ryo or adding tags to untagged doujins by Ryo... typing Ryo would bring up everything that included "ryo" in it, but not the name RYO itself.

That seems to have been fixed though. I try to tag as best as I can using these rules on this thread so... sorry if I screw it up sometimes. I'm only a human, after all. ;)

There was an issue with the tag Ryo in particular for some reason, it happens with other tags too sometimes, so please report them if you see any more.
If you see something improperly tagged, please PM me.
Read something good lately? Share it here. ;)
lienok

Postby lienok » 23 Feb 2016, 01:58

Since capitalizations are largely throwaways anyway, what about just removing them altogether? Have the system itself handle what's capitalized, removing the responsibility from users. Largely anime just capitalizes the first letter on each major word anyway, so having the system itself do so would mean less variance from contributors.

aka;

input: sword art online
output: Sword Art Online

input: the world GOD ONLY knoWs
output: The World God Only Knows

if you wanted to get real fancy you could also have it auto-lowercase any recognizable string of Japanese which should be. aka, no, de, wa, ga, etc. Participles I think they were called? idk my Japanese is years out of practice. Could do the same for English as well if you really wanted to, for stuff like is, the, in, etc. With a separate defining rule for "always capitalize the first word of the title".

For entities which have specific capitalization, having an override would allow for users to manually say "I know what I'm doing let me do this". Could go in one of two forms, a checkbox to allow the user complete control, or a simple flag put in-tag when entering it, which is recognized by the system the same way BBC is understood.

aka:

input: ghost in the shell: stand alone complex 2nd (!:)GIG
output: Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG

As seen in this example no system will be perfect, according to MAL the correct way to write this out has in/the both in lowercase, so to be "perfect" you'd need to adjust them manually too, but in most cases, a system like this would take user error almost completely out of the picture for this kind of problem. Ideally any in-line tag like that would be simple, but also unlikely to ever appear in a legit tag, so you don't come across a situation where your flag is (NOT) but you're needing to tag the newer Evangelion movies, which would be awkward to say the least.
chippy

Postby chippy » 23 Feb 2016, 05:06

lienok wrote:Since capitalizations are largely throwaways anyway, what about just removing them altogether? Have the system itself handle what's capitalized, removing the responsibility from users. Largely anime just capitalizes the first letter on each major word anyway, so having the system itself do so would mean less variance from contributors.

aka;

input: sword art online
output: Sword Art Online

input: the world GOD ONLY knoWs
output: The World God Only Knows

if you wanted to get real fancy you could also have it auto-lowercase any recognizable string of Japanese which should be. aka, no, de, wa, ga, etc. Participles I think they were called? idk my Japanese is years out of practice. Could do the same for English as well if you really wanted to, for stuff like is, the, in, etc. With a separate defining rule for "always capitalize the first word of the title".

For entities which have specific capitalization, having an override would allow for users to manually say "I know what I'm doing let me do this". Could go in one of two forms, a checkbox to allow the user complete control, or a simple flag put in-tag when entering it, which is recognized by the system the same way BBC is understood.

aka:

input: ghost in the shell: stand alone complex 2nd (!:)GIG
output: Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG

As seen in this example no system will be perfect, according to MAL the correct way to write this out has in/the both in lowercase, so to be "perfect" you'd need to adjust them manually too, but in most cases, a system like this would take user error almost completely out of the picture for this kind of problem. Ideally any in-line tag like that would be simple, but also unlikely to ever appear in a legit tag, so you don't come across a situation where your flag is (NOT) but you're needing to tag the newer Evangelion movies, which would be awkward to say the least.

I say the search input (when adding parody tags / searching them) should not be case sensitive, however, in lists / on the doujin pages, anime names should be capitalized the way MAL has it.

~~Chippy
I'm top poster now? Yay!
Listen to what's going through my head!

Always make time for tea!

Nice try, Vivi.

Getting shit together...
Scarlet Spy

Re: FOR EDITORS AND UPLOADERS: PARODY TAGS AND CHARACTER RULES [NEWS]

Postby Scarlet Spy » 24 Feb 2016, 13:34

Now for edits and SOON in uploads we have an 'NOTE' section that will be where you put your 'proofs'.

If you want to add a parody, tag, author, character etc, you'll first have to give us in that note some source link for we to know if what you're adding is correct. It can be source links and/or page numbers (ex: "On page 7 is Kirino Kousaka, so I'll be adding that tag.")

We also recommend you to find your source links in sites like:

• exhentai.org
  • g.e-hentai.org
  • hitomi.la
  • doujinshi.org
  • nhentai.net

But please, don't forget the rules.
You like art? Cool. I like art too! Then why not come check my deviant art or pixiv to see my art!? Thank you, in advance! ^^
Remilia is a cutie.
Hilbert

Postby Hilbert » 24 Feb 2016, 13:59

Scarlet Spy wrote:We also recommend you to find your source links in sites like:

Why not sukebei nyaa and tons of other places? Why only list gallery sites?
I would link the spreadsheet, but there isn't much point.
Scarlet Spy

Postby Scarlet Spy » 24 Feb 2016, 14:01

Hilbert wrote:
Scarlet Spy wrote:We also recommend you to find your source links in sites like:

Why not sukebei nyaa and tons of other places? Why only list gallery sites?
I would link the spreadsheet, but there isn't much point.

This is just a recomendation, you can show us other sites, just have to be a good/reliable site. ;)
Remilia is a cutie.

Return to “Announcements”