New Tags & Regarding Downloads

News / announcements will be posted in this forum by staff.
throwawaytmr

Re: New Tags & Regarding Downloads

Postby throwawaytmr » 07 Feb 2019, 11:03

any update on when downloads will be back? its been half a year already :(
obviousdummy

Postby obviousdummy » 07 Feb 2019, 13:11

throwawaytmr wrote:any update on when downloads will be back? its been half a year already :(

Yeah, they won't be back.
Users being able to download = less time on the site, fewer pop-ups and pop-unders, fewer page views, which equals less dosh.
This is quite like the Oh Internet debacle back in 2011, attempted bait and switch.
Popular site goes down for "maintenance" and loses features, promises are made that it will return "better than ever"
Features do not return, site is plastered with ads and/or watered down to make it more palatable for advertisers.
Some users stick around out of habit, a lot of users migrate to other sites or make new site(s) with the features of the old one.
Owners/moderators come out and decry users for being ungrateful, does nothing to address the issues said users have with the site.
Rinse and repeat.

Read quick, this account will probably be banned in a flash.

On another note, check out Tsumino's Alexa rank since August 2018 to now. Ooof!
throwawaytmr

Postby throwawaytmr » 09 Feb 2019, 11:00

obviousdummy wrote:
throwawaytmr wrote:any update on when downloads will be back? its been half a year already :(

Yeah, they won't be back.
Users being able to download = less time on the site, fewer pop-ups and pop-unders, fewer page views, which equals less dosh.
This is quite like the Oh Internet debacle back in 2011, attempted bait and switch.
Popular site goes down for "maintenance" and loses features, promises are made that it will return "better than ever"
Features do not return, site is plastered with ads and/or watered down to make it more palatable for advertisers.
Some users stick around out of habit, a lot of users migrate to other sites or make new site(s) with the features of the old one.
Owners/moderators come out and decry users for being ungrateful, does nothing to address the issues said users have with the site.
Rinse and repeat.

Read quick, this account will probably be banned in a flash.

On another note, check out Tsumino's Alexa rank since August 2018 to now. Ooof!

i just googled their Alexa stats and its all downhill and in the red...

I'm kinda sad because i found this site when it was in its peak and didnt get to download my fav stuff before the feature was gone, and now F4kku's content are not available as well.

Think it'll be easier for me to just accept downloads wont ever be back and place my hopes that a new site will emerge :cry:
Orange444

Postby Orange444 » 10 Feb 2019, 15:07

I would post a link to the every-fakku-book-ever-released torrents, but last time I did my post got deleted.

So I'll just say they exist.
babylonidol

Postby babylonidol » 15 Feb 2019, 06:59

Sad to see that fakku has all but killed tsumino....
JackH13

Postby JackH13 » 15 Feb 2019, 19:22

Dang it, the reason I liked Tsumino so much was because I could download to read offline. My internet at home is so bad I can't even load 1/10 of an image before it gives up. I was able to download several comics while in town and read at my leisure. You can't read this stuff in public! You'll get arrested! Just downloading was relatively safe since you just had to do a few searches while no one was around and start the downloads, before switching to normal sites with Tsumino in the background. If the issue is "downloading = less ads looked at" then just wait until everyone leaves because there's no way to read without downloading... Not to mention several people only download after they know they like it, so these people are going to also have to find a new site that lets them do what they need.
SkyBlueSkies

Postby SkyBlueSkies » 21 Feb 2019, 09:47

Look, can y'all just post a new PSA telling us that downloads will never come back in any capacity?
I'm honestly tired of visiting this website, hoping that the download button is finally re-enabled, but nope.
It's better to just crush our dreams now instead of blue-balling us for another 6 months, or however long you want this to go on for.
But real talk, what kind of server needs 6 months for maintenance? Did the maintenance guy die, or quit the job or some shit?
BV43

Postby BV43 » 21 Feb 2019, 21:34

So...we have videos now...on a site dedicated to reposting Doujins 1-3 weeks after their posted everywhere else online

Yet the feature that has kept this thread going for around a year, the DOWNLOAD BUTTON ISSUE has yet to be addressed in any meaningful way

I get you aren't getting paid to provide us this service, but why are you blue balling the people who frequent your site enough to validate this thread needing to exist, either enable downloads or just tell us that you are removing the feature, I could have learned to code a site on my own and fixed this problem for you and I'm an Alcoholic who still manages to work 40 hours a week on 4-6 hours of sleep a night

At this point most of the people invested in this site have realized you're doing this for site revenue or that you are just not equipped to provide a service you were able to do easily in the past

So just answer us so that people can either find a way to support the site or just leave and find our hentai elsewhere

I mean come on
EvilMadness

Postby EvilMadness » 13 May 2019, 04:42

It's May now is anyone working on downloads are is that all over now. I was able to download stuff all the time. When I last came on this website for some great futa on female art. Now I have to go page by page it looks like which is fine, but the download feature was good and saved me time.
SomeDuder

Postby SomeDuder » 25 Jun 2019, 02:20

Meh, just give it a rest. There's plenty of alternative sources for these comics. Just use Tsumino as a "filter", then search for the title you want to download via Google or use a tool like Jackett (which can search dozens of torrent trackers). Clumsy and more work, I know, but I suppose this site can't survive by offering downloads.

Return to “Announcements”