New Tags & Regarding Downloads

News / announcements will be posted in this forum by staff.
shaggydoo

Re: New Tags & Regarding Downloads

Postby shaggydoo » 14 Nov 2018, 03:25

Tweety wrote:
shaggydoo wrote:great first no download , second very hard capcha , and now pop up ads , so what's next tsumino is pay to read ? :|

well im sorry people like you keep complaining that a free site is doing extended maintenance so you can keep using the site.. for free.
im also sorry that because of our insane growth over the last few months, our servers are stressed that we had to disable the download button till our maintenance is done
im also sorry we have an insane amount of bots on the site that without the captcha stopping them, we literally would be offline
im sorry that because of the crazy amount of growth, bandwidth and diskspace along with buying 3 new servers to support it all to stop us going offline, we need funding to keep us online. im sorry that paying out of my OWN pocket every month for 3 years so you can read hentai for free wasnt enough.

i am so sorry that this is such an inconvenience to you, clearly 1000+ unpaid hours of free work going into this project and insane server bills coming out of my pocket for 3 years isnt enough to satisfy you. i am truly sorry.

--

now, if you be patient and deal with the ads, we will have VIDEOS soon that we worked so hard to compile and integrate into our system for you guys.. for free.
we also will have an Android+iOS app ready very soon, almost complete.
We also have merch designs done for those thousands of users who keep asking.

but yes, i am truly sorry that all of our time, effort, money, stress, development is not enough for you to deal with a few banner ads, a few pop ups, a captcha and maintenance on our download button to stabilise our servers while we work on these.

i apologise greatly. this must have been such a hard month for you.

sorry about my attitude i was carried away of those pop up ads , cuz mostly pop up ads are not safe and dangerous so i was surprised that you put that , anyway i hope my apologies is good if not you can talk to me im easy to talk :)
OhhSnap

Postby OhhSnap » 18 Nov 2018, 21:24

Aren't videos a little much? i hope you'll be able to handle it...
Tyrone
Community Leader

Postby Tyrone » 19 Nov 2018, 07:50

OhhSnap wrote:Aren't videos a little much? i hope you'll be able to handle it...

It's safe. We will see too as we won't know yet
OhhSnap

Postby OhhSnap » 19 Nov 2018, 14:23

I wont lie, i'm quite curious. I don't think i've ever been able to filter out hentai (guessing that's what videos means) the way you can filter doujinshi here... Like only uncensored / loli / who knows what else we'll have here. I really hope it all works out. Do we have any predictions about when videos might be coming?
Also, if the servers are already under stress and more and more are constantly needed, won't videos exponentially make that problem worse? Especially considering the fact that this website is free and we're basically leeching-off someone's hard work with no return...
Boghet

Postby Boghet » 19 Nov 2018, 16:53

OhhSnap wrote:Also, if the servers are already under stress and more and more are constantly needed, won't videos exponentially make that problem worse? Especially considering the fact that this website is free and we're basically leeching-off someone's hard work with no return...

Won't lie, I'm right there with you. Been a lurker around the forums here and basically just been visiting this site ever since it migrated from the old one (I forget what it's called, was it pururin?). I created an account after the download button went out of commission just to keep a record of my faves, and I can't deny that there's very few sites out there, if any, that do tag filtering as well as Tsumino. As hyped as I would be (and I'm sure there's plenty others who'd also be crazy hyped) about the fact that we might get vids, I'm also worried about the amount of server space that would be taken up by those videos and it'd probably cost a lot more to keep em up, unless they're sourced from another existing site.

Tweety wrote:because of the crazy amount of growth, bandwidth and diskspace along with buying 3 new servers to support it all to stop us going offline, we need funding to keep us online. im sorry that paying out of my OWN pocket every month for 3 years so you can read hentai for free wasnt enough.

i am so sorry that this is such an inconvenience to you, clearly 1000+ unpaid hours of free work going into this project and insane server bills coming out of my pocket for 3 years isnt enough to satisfy you.

I've heard that this site is basically a no-go for PayPal and probably Patreon, but I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I wouldn't mind supporting you every now and again. Is there any possible way for us to chip in to get some of this stress off you?

Sorry for the wall of text, but I wanted to get this stuff off my chest since this has been on my mind for a while now. There's been a few toxic comments on this thread here, but there's also loads of us who are supportive of this site. Keep your chin up!

TL;DR: I'm worried that videos may cause additional stress since they take up lots more space, and since Tweety has been paying out of his pocket, is there any way we can support him?
LemonLurker

Postby LemonLurker » 19 Nov 2018, 18:08

I don't really need a new video site, I got a few that are decent enough. So I'm definitely with the other folks here with mild worry about overstretching yourself with a whole new thing on the site. I mean, if you can do it and everything works out then I guess that'll be good, maybe it'll be my new go-to place for hentai videos, but I don't want that at the expense of Tsumino's hentai manga or downloads or whatever. Cause I quite like this site and it's free uncensored fakku stuff and it's interface in general.

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, I'm guessing you don't have an exact time for the downloads going up, but how far along are you on your maintenance? Like, even an extremely rough guess'd be nice. To use a (hopefully) extreme range, will it be done in less than a year, six months?

Anyway, keep up the good work. I reckon if you put up a paypal donate thing for whoever pays the for the servers you'd get some people chipping in.
CycloneJoker

Postby CycloneJoker » 23 Nov 2018, 23:01

Tweety wrote:
shaggydoo wrote:great first no download , second very hard capcha , and now pop up ads , so what's next tsumino is pay to read ? :|

now, if you be patient and deal with the ads, we will have VIDEOS soon that we worked so hard to compile and integrate into our system for you guys.. for free.

You've been trying to stabilize your servers for 3-4 months while downloads have been down. Is adding something as intensive as videos really the best idea if your servers can't even handle downloads? I'd honestly rather get the core features working again before you guys try to add more onto it. Build the foundation before working on the house, you know? Plus personally I'm much more interested in being able to download again than having videos since there are already tons of video sites out there.

Also I'd be very surprised if your app actually gets approved on iOS.
Tweety

Postby Tweety » 24 Nov 2018, 02:54

CycloneJoker wrote:
Tweety wrote:

You've been trying to stabilize your servers for 3-4 months while downloads have been down. Is adding something as intensive as videos really the best idea if your servers can't even handle downloads? I'd honestly rather get the core features working again before you guys try to add more onto it. Build the foundation before working on the house, you know? Plus personally I'm much more interested in being able to download again than having videos since there are already tons of video sites out there.

I know what I am doing, thanks for your concern though.
Tyrone
Community Leader

Postby Tyrone » 24 Nov 2018, 13:46

CycloneJoker wrote:
Tweety wrote:

Don't shoot against boss, mate. Jokes aside, it's up to them what they are doing and if they feel that's the best way then so be it. Be patient and a good boy and continue fapping on Tsumino for free
lpzw1lmar

Postby lpzw1lmar » 30 Nov 2018, 00:29

The admins of our fav site TSUMINO who provides us FREE access to our sweetest uncensored hentai doujins will surely do what they think is best for the site.
So I think we just have to do is sit back and wait for it. No need to complain, right? Since we are getting it for free.

For the ADMINS, Keep it up Sir! ;)

Return to “Announcements”