Downloads

Strictly discuss Tsumino's development - Feedback, suggestions, bug report, tracking, etc.
Lasal123

Downloads

Postby Lasal123 » 04 Apr 2019, 08:30

So i assume downloads aren't coming back eh?

Plus if you wanna download shit from tsumino using a different site you keep getting hit with the recaptcha bs.

Seems like they really don't want you to download from their site.

Whats up with that?

Probably gonna get shit on by the admins and mods for this post. Tyrone or sehki gonna tell me to get Ntr'd or some shit.
scapegoat4

Re: Downloads

Postby scapegoat4 » 07 Apr 2019, 14:18

Lasal123 wrote:So i assume downloads aren't coming back eh?

Plus if you wanna download shit from tsumino using a different site you keep getting hit with the recaptcha bs.

Seems like they really don't want you to download from their site.

Whats up with that?

Probably gonna get shit on by the admins and mods for this post. Tyrone or sehki gonna tell me to get Ntr'd or some shit.

I know that it's frustrating to not have a feature due to it "being worked on" for the past 6-8 months, with nothing but radio silence the entire time. All we know is that the people working on this site DO plan to bring the feature back, at least from what the limited amount we've been told. Trust me, I'm pretty irritated with the lack of news too, but lambasting the team makes zero sense. In the mean time I wouldn't doubt that other software could get the job done pretty solidly, unless you're hardcore and drag n' drop each page like the good ol' days. A simple google search revealed doujin downloader to me, for example (though I have no idea how it works). If you're dedicated enough to archiving your favs, then you'll do anything to get there
Thelonely7
Community Leader

Postby Thelonely7 » 09 Apr 2019, 19:34

To be completely honest I haven't seen any talking or updates mentioning the download feature on discord I think like ever since it was removed. Granted I missed the last big meeting we did like 4 maybe 6 months ago to be honest im pretty bad with dates/time passage so it could be much earlier or later. Also about the mods shitting on you well there is two bright sides to that one is that sehki has stop being a mod since around Christmas and the second one is you posted this here and not on discord, where I did see I think tyrone(some mods change their discord name so much its hard to keep track of whos who) respond in a rather hostile way for just asking about the download button a little while back and pretty much not giving any info about the feature but instead just attacking the poor guy and calling him ungrateful and stuff. So yeah basically just consider the button like Jesus he/its dead but hey he/it is coming back maybe? Next about the recaptcha we were hit pretty hard a while back with a lot of bots and stuff that overloaded the sever multiple times and was a big issue so they aren't ever going away they are a safety device get used to them. Last of all I don't know how much work this feature takes, why it has taken so long for it to be brought back, how busy the admins are, how many hours a week the admins check and do stuff for the site, or if there is a underline reason/secret agenda for the button being gone and not returning but if its such a necessity for you there are other sites and helpful apps and such that can help you download what you want as the person above has stated.
editing like a boss all day everyday.
now for a single smile because that's all that is allowed. :evil:
shanahan

Postby shanahan » 11 Apr 2019, 01:19

They had enough time to implement a video system and all that came with that but not a simple button.
Thelonely7
Community Leader

Postby Thelonely7 » 11 Apr 2019, 15:40

shanahan wrote:They had enough time to implement a video system and all that came with that but not a simple button.

they were talking and working on the videos before the download button was removed im pretty sure, and it took I think almost a year to release it. Granted nobody outside of the team knew when and what was gonna be added when we released the videos it was a surprise kinda deal. I would also like to remind you that you are looking at this as a time situation(which it partially is)when it also and maybe more importantly a money/cost situation. However I would like to reiterate that im very ill-informed on both how much it would cost and how much time it would take to set the system up.
shanahan

Postby shanahan » 11 Apr 2019, 23:39

Thelonely7 wrote:
shanahan wrote:They had enough time to implement a video system and all that came with that but not a simple button.

they were talking and working on the videos before the download button was removed im pretty sure, and it took I think almost a year to release it. Granted nobody outside of the team knew when and what was gonna be added when we released the videos it was a surprise kinda deal. I would also like to remind you that you are looking at this as a time situation(which it partially is)when it also and maybe more importantly a money/cost situation. However I would like to reiterate that im very ill-informed on both how much it would cost and how much time it would take to set the system up.

I'm not saying that I don't know that it takes a lot of work to manage a site such as this and to maintain it. I'm am also grateful for all the hard work put into it. I have been biding my time patiently waiting for it to come back while I use it (not so much for others it seems) but I would be helpful after all this time for some kind of update on how it is proceeding. People just like to know what's going on with they're favorite stuff.
Thelonely7
Community Leader

Postby Thelonely7 » 12 Apr 2019, 00:55

Yeah I understand that, one of the reasons I replied to this thread is because I like to inform people and try to give a response to know that at least someone is reading this. Im also a little frustrated by this situation as well even though I have never used the downloaded feature or ever really wanted/needed it, I just hate the lack of a straight answer given when people ask about it and the constant defensive, redirection of the topic when its brought up, or just ignoring the question by both the admins and other mods. I know im also not really helping in this point because I also cant give you a straight answer about whether or not its coming back as I again take no part in this site related issue. in fact the forum isn't viewed by the other mods a lot (I think) and the admins have been talking for awhile(months I think)about just nuking it and only having the discord. so eventually everyone will have to go there for any info related to the site and even the announcements on the discord only occur around once a month and are basically useless and uninformative a few examples down below.

these are the last five announcements over the last 4 months.

cat02 01/10/2019
@everyone NTR is the new happy sex -- join the loof voice chat to change my mind

February 14, 2019

cat02/14/2019
@everyone happy valentine's Day tsumino members! spend time fishing your crush, with your significant other or your Korean slave in your basement today. if all goes bad, tsumino.com is here to make you nutty nut nut nut tonight. the ol reliable. enjoy your valentines day, if you're feeling lonely you can always chat to the community in #home! love you.

February 24, 2019

cat02/24/2019
@everyone we will be doing tsumino bomb party session for the next 30 minutes, if you're cool enough, then join and try flex your dictionary here: http://bombparty.sparklinlabs.com/play/ ... minoStatus

February 26, 2019

Shaikat02/26/2019
@everyone we've recovered from our unexpected downtime. had some major server issues that appeared suddenly. everything should be OK now and I will be keeping an eye on it

March 26, 2019

cat03/26/2019
@everyone aware of the unexpected error 500s on the homepage, will take a look into and push a fix once @Shaikat stops beating his meat, DM him and tell him masturbation isn't a priority for him right now, but it is for you
ClumpSoul

Postby ClumpSoul » 12 Apr 2019, 12:09

Thank you for responding! It's very nice to see that someone cares even if you don't have a ton o information.

The download button got removed at the exact time I really needed it, when I had limited access to wifi in public and just wanted to download some things and go. As the days and weeks went on it was juat more and more of a bummer with no real ETA.

Once all the fakku was purged I lost my other reason for going here. I never really used the favorites or lists or whatever feature but it sou ds like at that time a whole lotta people lost a bunch of items in em without even the names of which ones were lost to go get them elsewhere.

So all in all its been a bit of a mess. Maybe one day someone who works on the site will give some clear answers to everything. But in the meantime it is nice that there's a mod that says "yep I don't know what's going on either, it sucks"
Thelonely7
Community Leader

Postby Thelonely7 » 12 Apr 2019, 13:27

ClumpSoul wrote:Thank you for responding! It's very nice to see that someone cares even if you don't have a ton o information.

The download button got removed at the exact time I really needed it, when I had limited access to wifi in public and just wanted to download some things and go. As the days and weeks went on it was juat more and more of a bummer with no real ETA.

Once all the fakku was purged I lost my other reason for going here. I never really used the favorites or lists or whatever feature but it sou ds like at that time a whole lotta people lost a bunch of items in em without even the names of which ones were lost to go get them elsewhere.

So all in all its been a bit of a mess. Maybe one day someone who works on the site will give some clear answers to everything. But in the meantime it is nice that there's a mod that says "yep I don't know what's going on either, it sucks"

Yeah I try to respond and give info to you guys as much as possible as I am a big lover of the forum and don't really like the discord system, but I understand (or I think I do) their reason for moving there and planning to get rid of forum. Also when we removed the fakku books they were removed from everyone's lists and although a lot of people have been requesting for some way for them to get at least the names of the books they had favorited, it is unlikely they will ever be given out. I also hope for that day to come as well where questions are answered and info is given in a timely matter but until then I will be here doing me best at helping you guys out, at least tell the forum is here as I don't talk much on the discord.
SkyBlueSkies

Postby SkyBlueSkies » 24 Apr 2019, 02:22

I hope downloads and Fakku books come back sometime soon, hopefully before the 1-year anniversary of the removal of the Download button. TBH the only reason I open this site anymore is just to find some new english doujins to grab from nh. I still have a ton of bookmarks from this site, waiting for the day that red button returns.

Return to “Development & Feedback”