Search Function is missing on home page.

Strictly discuss Tsumino's development - Feedback, suggestions, bug report, tracking, etc.
chippy

Search Function is missing on home page.

Postby chippy » 14 Apr 2016, 16:53

Hello,
So I came online today, ready to read a doujin.... And the search button was gone. Flat out gone.
Now, it's still here on the forums, but going to the url, or pressing that button on the forums, returns the 404 giraffe.

Please do fix...

~~Chippy
I'm top poster now? Yay!
Listen to what's going through my head!

Always make time for tea!

Nice try, Vivi.

Getting shit together...
Launch

Re: Search Function is missing on home page.

Postby Launch » 14 Apr 2016, 17:00

chippy wrote:Hello,
So I came online today, ready to read a doujin.... And the search button was gone. Flat out gone.
Now, it's still here on the forums, but going to the url, or pressing that button on the forums, returns the 404 giraffe.

Please do fix...

~~Chippy

chippy

Postby chippy » 14 Apr 2016, 17:03

So how do I search for a certain tag and a certain, say, author? Doesn't have to be that combination, but an "advanced search" function should be available... Like exactly where the old search function was.

Also, are my old in progress and favorites gone forever? Really? Did you have to? I had a lot of stuff there... Thanks for that. Really appreciate it.

~~Chippy
I'm top poster now? Yay!

Nice try, Vivi.

Getting shit together...
Scarlet Spy
Community Leader

Postby Scarlet Spy » 14 Apr 2016, 17:10

chippy wrote:So how do I search for a certain tag and a certain, say, author? Doesn't have to be that combination, but an "advanced search" function should be available... Like exactly where the old search function was.

Also, are my old in progress and favorites gone forever? Really? Did you have to? I had a lot of stuff there... Thanks for that. Really appreciate it.

~~Chippy

You need to chill man. They are still there, we will fix it shortly.
This will be a LOOOONG update, starting from today and going until sunday. Have fun. ;)
It's too late, Ygg... I saw everything. :)
My twitter
My Granblue Fantasy ID (play with meee): 12303690
chippy

Postby chippy » 14 Apr 2016, 17:14

Scarlet Spy wrote:
chippy wrote:So how do I search for a certain tag and a certain, say, author? Doesn't have to be that combination, but an "advanced search" function should be available... Like exactly where the old search function was.

~~Chippy

This will be a LOOOONG update, starting from today and going until sunday. Have fun. ;)

And fun I shall have. Not certain where, but I fully intend to have some fun.

So, how do I actually search for a specific tags? Please walk me through it. Also, what are the URLs for the favorite, in progress, and completed links, so I can access them?

Spoiler:
And, in your eyes, do you think I'm contributing well enough to the site? Or are y'all keepin me around just because it would look bad for your top poster to have no rank? Please be honest.

~~Chippy
I'm top poster now? Yay!

Nice try, Vivi.

Getting shit together...
Shirou

Postby Shirou » 14 Apr 2016, 17:20

chippy wrote:
Scarlet Spy wrote:

~~Chippy

So, how do I actually search for a specific tags? Please walk me through it. Also, what are the URLs for the favorite, in progress, and completed links, so I can access them?

Spoiler:
And, in your eyes, do you think I'm contributing well enough to the site? Or are y'all keepin me around just because it would look bad for your top poster to have no rank? Please be honest.

~~Chippy

I really don't know what's up with you today. Do you see the new buttons? Use the "i" button to search for artists, categories, etc. and the tag button next to it to include and exclude tags. With the wheel in the middle you can display your favorites, custom lists, and uploaders / moderators can search for unapproved uploads and edits that way. The button to the left of that is for sorting the results. The completed / in progress stuff doesn't show up atm, but that should be fixed soon.
"Trace, on."
Spoiler:
"Yeah - It really is just like you."
Minjo

Postby Minjo » 14 Apr 2016, 17:24

The magnifying glass is for searching by name of the work. The tags search is the far right button, that looks like a shopping tag (like in the Best Buy logo). The "i" button does searches for the other things, like author. These search options stack. The gear gives you a checkbox for only favorites, and for any lists that you make, I guess. The elevator style arrows are sorting options.

e:fb
chippy

Postby chippy » 14 Apr 2016, 17:26

Shirou wrote:
chippy wrote:
Scarlet Spy wrote:

Spoiler:

~~Chippy

I really don't know what's up with you today. Do you see the new buttons? Use the "i" button to search for artists, categories, etc. and the tag button next to it to include and exclude tags. With the wheel in the middle you can display your favorites, custom lists, and uploaders / moderators can search for unapproved uploads and edits that way. The button to the left of that is for sorting the results. The completed / in progress stuff doesn't show up atm, but that should be fixed soon.

That's what they're for? Oh, ok... A little annoying, but ok.

I don't know quite what's gotten into me. I've been feeling a little strange all day... Who knows. However, I would still like to have the old search page back... Easier to hit tab and go to the next field than to click a few buttons.

~~Chippy
I'm top poster now? Yay!

Nice try, Vivi.

Getting shit together...
Scarlet Spy
Community Leader

Postby Scarlet Spy » 14 Apr 2016, 17:29

chippy wrote:
Scarlet Spy wrote:

~~Chippy

Spoiler:

~~Chippy

See the icons on the front page? you click on them and they will open small boxes. In these boxes are the search functions (by artist, uploader, category, tag, etc).
You can also search through you faves and lists.

CG is working on the in progress list atm. It will be fine.

You don't need to be here because you need to be here, you come and go like every users xd. But yes, you are contributing enough. Thanks for your hard work. We will work on forum ranks soon.
It's too late, Ygg... I saw everything. :)
My twitter
My Granblue Fantasy ID (play with meee): 12303690

Return to “Development & Feedback”