- First of all, before you add a new tag to something or try to remove one, please read the note for that specific tag, either in our definitions page or by hovering over a tag. Most errors can be easily prevented that way: Definitions
- When you edit a gallery or upload a new one, please also set a category for it (unless it already has one). Short Descriptions for each of them can be read in our Definitions page as well.
Basically, Doujinshi are all non-commercially sold short books that are often parodies of other material. Manga are commercially sold and can be differentiated from Doujinshi by the fact that they are either single black- and white chapters taken out of larger magazines (e.g. Comic MILF, Comic LO) or tankoubons with ca. 200 pages. Artist CGs are fully colored, telling a linear story with base images that are slightly altered with different text or small differences between individual images until the next base image comes up with various alterations. Game CGs are image sets taken from games (duh) with no text in themselves (you can read the actual text and listen to the voices if you play the game itself).
If you can't make out the category of a gallery by yourself, you can search for it on other sites like g.e-hentai / exhentai or nhentai and copy the Category tag on here.
- When editing a Doujin, please also add a Group tag to it if it doesn't have one. Groups or Circles are aliases by artists they use to differentiate them from their commercial Manga. Katsurai Yoshiaki uses the circle name Basutei Shower for his doujinshi, for example. You can look up groups / circle names on other sites too. Be careful that you use proper spelling / capitalization, however. We DON'T use lower caps only for our tags like some other sites do.
- If you set up both a category and group tag (for Doujinshi) when editing a gallery, we can clean up the pending edits much faster. Otherwise, we add them ourselves after checking your tag edit, which is very time-consuming considering the large amount of edits we check (currently there are ca. 700 galleries with pending edits).
- Regarding collections: You have to both set a common name for them AND provide a position for the entry. We generally use multiples of 100 so that we can squeeze in spinoffs, prequels etc. more easily between existing chapters (so a chapter 2.5 would get the position 250, for example).
- Please actually make use of the note feature by noting on which pages a certain tag appears / give a short justification why you removed a certain tag, etc. Checking 200 page tankoubons for a single tag edit is very time-consuming.
Next, let me clear up some common errors with certain content tags. Generally, there are two types of mistakes people often make. Either they don't use certain tags in conjunction that need to be used together or two tags are used on the same gallery that should NOT be used together.
Tags that need to be used together or which are requirements of each other
- Every gallery tagged with Incest needs a relationship tag that accompanies it, e.g. Mother, Cousin, Aunt or Father (beware, the male Incest tags are supposed to be used for Yaoi ONLY. So Father- Daughter Incest only gets the Daughter tag, Yuri Incest gets a relationship tag for both participants).
- Bikini and School Swimsuit galleries both also require the regular Swimsuit tag, since Bikinis and School Swimsuits are types of Swimsuits too.
- The Dog, Pig and Horse tag also require the Bestiality tag. Additionally, don't use the Bestiality tag for Furries or Monsters.
- BDSM tags require either Maledom or Femdom as well.
- Everything tagged with Huge Breasts also needs the Large Breasts tag. It's very simple logic: All Huge Breasts (at least double the head size for each breast) are automatically also large (size is at least as big as the head for each breast).
- Everything tagged with Inseki also needs the Incest tag.
- All Oppai Lolis and Legal Lolis require the regular Loli tag.
- Futanari tags should be combined with one of the Futa on xxx tags like Futa on Female or Male on Futa, unless it's Solo Action of a Futa.
- Tags like Lamia or Arachne require the Monster Girl tag. DON'T use the Monster Girl tag on Vampires, Succubi or Devils, though.
- Gangbang and Threesome requires the Group Sex tag.
- All Deepthroats need the Blowjob tag.
- All Plump girls need the BBW tag. Plump is a subcategory of BBW, that's why.*
*If you just want to get plump girls on your search, just search for plump girls. If it's the opposite, just eclude "Plump" from the search.
On the other hand, there are tags that should NEVER be used together, unless the gallery is a tankoubon with different stories or they occur at seperate times:
- DILF and Dirty Old Man. DILF is supposed to be used for attractive men at least in their 30s, Dirty Old Man for ugly ones who mostly resort to Rape or Blackmail.
- Shota and Straight Shota tags: Use Straight Shota for Straight Sex ONLY. Anything involving Yaoi or Combinations of Futas / Shemales get the "Shota" tag. Never use both, unless there is both straight sex and Yaoi / Futa with Shotas in a gallery.
- Dark Skin and Tanlines: Dark Skin should only be used on characters that are completely dark, not just having tanlines.
- Uncensored and Decensored: Uncensored is officially uncensored material, decensored was altered by fans.
- Futanari and Yuri: Use Yuri tags only if the participants are really female and stay that way throughout the majority of the gallery, not for Futa content or if it's Bait Yuri for a few pages that turns into Futa when one of the girls grows a dick.
- DON'T tag Pettanko on Lolis. Pettanko is only supposed to be used for grown women (at least high school age) with flat chests, not for Lolis.
Finally, there are a few tags you should be careful with using in general since they are extremely overused / misused:
- Ahegao should only be used on fairly extreme facial expressions, NOT mild ones. See this thread from forever ago as reference: Ahegaos
- For Impregnation, there should be sufficient evidence that it actually happened, not just a line of "I will get pregnant" or "Get Pregnant!", e.g a pregnancy test, a pregnant belly or children after a timeskip, the girl saying she has a very dangerous day, etc.
- Pregnant should only be used if there is ACTUAL pregnant sex, not just a pregnant belly at the end.
- Large and Huge Breasts should only be tagged if they are at least as a big as the character's head for each breast (Large) or twice as big (Huge) for each of them.
- Big Areola should be covering at least roughly one third of each breast to count as such.
- Last, but definitely not least: When you try to add a tag, ask yourself this question: Would someone using that tag in a search because it is one of his fetishes be satisfied with what he gets in that particular gallery or would it be bad enough for him to not want to see a gallery when he excludes this tag? A single page of Rape or Reverse Rape in a 200 page tankoubon may technically qualify for the tag, but users searching for that tag will be extremely disappointed with their result.
For larger galleries, try to only tag content if it happens on several pages. If it's a short 20 page doujin or single chapter, one or two pages of a fetish can be enough to warrant a tag for it, but please be more reasonable when tagging large story arcs or tankoubons.