Donations

Anything goes, talk about whatever your sick heart desires
Jelloboi
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 02:55

Re: Donations

Postby Jelloboi » 23 Mar 2016, 10:17

Hey man,I just want to say you are doing a swell job by managing the site and everything.I'd be willing to donate honestly if there was another alternative to Bitcoin as I have never used it before and don't intend to use ever
pipja
Posts: 8
Joined: 16 Mar 2016, 20:37

Re: Donations

Postby pipja » 23 Mar 2016, 17:38

I'd pop in a few bucks every month if you setup something non-bitcoin
User avatar
kansaskokie
Posts: 1
Joined: 24 Jan 2016, 23:06

Re: Donations

Postby kansaskokie » 23 Mar 2016, 20:14

I sent money using the Circle option to the address above the QR code. Is there a way to know if it got to you so I can continue to send more money?

hentfan3 wrote:I don't understand where the trust issue comes up , because they're instantly receiving something for their donation . You get a great ad-free website to view and download doujins ( without torrents ) and a great forum where issues and suggestions are actually addressed . If you can't see what you're getting for a small donation to keep this running , well I don't know what to tell you . What other sites offer the same for essentially nothing ?


I agree ^^, up until now I was struggling to find a replacement for Pururin. There are other sites out there but none even compared to Pururin. A lot of people suggested exhentai, but, let's be honest, that site is poorly structured and hard to navigate and takes a ridiculous amount of effort to even get into. Then came along this miracle of a site and I could feel the bright light shining on me again. People say using Bitcoin is hard or not worth it or whatever but I just used the Circle.com option and just sent money to Cereal Guy. All I ask for is some kind of acknowledgement system set in place or something so that I know Cereal Guy got my money so I can continue to send more to keep this site going because I don't want lose this site too. I would have gladly donated to Pururin if I would have known the situation they were in. At least Cereal Guy is reaching out for help and not just going down with the ship. I think the fact that he is by far the most active admin and creator of a site WE have ever seen should be enough reason to put in the minimum amount of work it would take to send some money using bitcoin, he has easily earned my trust.
User avatar
Shirou
Posts: 608
Joined: 31 Dec 2015, 19:19

Re: Donations

Postby Shirou » 23 Mar 2016, 21:25

kansaskokie wrote:I sent money using the Circle option to the address above the QR code. Is there a way to know if it got to you so I can continue to send more money?

hentfan3 wrote:I don't understand where the trust issue comes up , because they're instantly receiving something for their donation . You get a great ad-free website to view and download doujins ( without torrents ) and a great forum where issues and suggestions are actually addressed . If you can't see what you're getting for a small donation to keep this running , well I don't know what to tell you . What other sites offer the same for essentially nothing ?


I agree ^^, up until now I was struggling to find a replacement for Pururin. There are other sites out there but none even compared to Pururin. A lot of people suggested exhentai, but, let's be honest, that site is poorly structured and hard to navigate and takes a ridiculous amount of effort to even get into. Then came along this miracle of a site and I could feel the bright light shining on me again. People say using Bitcoin is hard or not worth it or whatever but I just used the Circle.com option and just sent money to Cereal Guy. All I ask for is some kind of acknowledgement system set in place or something so that I know Cereal Guy got my money so I can continue to send more to keep this site going because I don't want lose this site too. I would have gladly donated to Pururin if I would have known the situation they were in. At least Cereal Guy is reaching out for help and not just going down with the ship. I think the fact that he is by far the most active admin and creator of a site WE have ever seen should be enough reason to put in the minimum amount of work it would take to send some money using bitcoin, he has easily earned my trust.

Please don't double post. I merged your two comments.

g.e-hentai / exhentai has the most amount of content, but that also comes with having the most amount of crap by far. Mediocre Western comics that are updated almost daily and bumped to the front page, random image sets, ugly 3D sets, doujins in dozen different languages (at least you can hide certain categories and languages, but that still doesn't change that it's annoying), and there's no possibility to filter search results except for upload date, which makes it really hard to find good galleries that are a few years old. And the Admin is a bronie, of which you're constantly reminded of when you play their text-based RPG grind game to get points for downloading stuff (unless you use scripts like eze downloader or rely on torrents) or read their 100-page wiki. Getting the hang of using their site takes effort. And personally, I can't stand their moderation, whose general approach is always saying "no" first whenever someone makes a suggestion, either for a new tag or whatever else. I don't even want to talk about guys like pop9.
The reason their site got so big is probably primarily due to being one of the first ones who allowed every kind of Hentai, not just specific fetishes, and that all users could upload. That doesn't change that they sometimes make strange decisions regarding expunging or deletion of galleries. And you can pretty much forget certain content there, like publications from Wani.

Edit: Concerning Pururin: That site went under simply because their admin Puro disappeared and server costs weren't paid for because of that. The only thing you could have done to save it would be hacking into his account.
No one knows if he dies, was v&ed or if he just said "Fuggit" and stopped. I'm kind of doubtful of the latter, since he had 5000+ uploads (more than a third of the entire content on the site) before that happened.
"Trace, on."
Spoiler:
"Yeah - It really is just like you."
Image
User avatar
Cereal Guy
OMNOMNOM
Posts: 267
Joined: 19 Dec 2015, 12:09

Re: Donations

Postby Cereal Guy » 23 Mar 2016, 21:40

kansaskokie wrote:I sent money using the Circle option to the address above the QR code. Is there a way to know if it got to you so I can continue to send more money?


https://blockchain.info/address/18ru9CK ... gNVDe3PzrN

Blockchain shows how much has been received into the wallet listed above.
User avatar
gustavdio
Posts: 60
Joined: 20 Dec 2015, 19:03
Location: East Coast USA
Contact:

Re: Donations

Postby gustavdio » 23 Mar 2016, 21:56

See, this is why I was asking about the long term server maintenance plan when this site was just starting. I knew it was going to burn a hole in someone's wallet without some kind of self-sustaining income.

I'm loving the site, but you'll get no money out of me until I'm employed (hopefully soon.) I'll gladly donate once I have a regular income. Support what you love and all that.
Discord server Fapp'n'Fam
jdhthegr8
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Jan 2016, 00:36

Re: Donations

Postby jdhthegr8 » 24 Mar 2016, 00:04

Figure out a way to make donations in something other than bitcoin and I'd be happy to donate every month. For now though I guess I'll try to figure it out...
User avatar
Cereal Guy
OMNOMNOM
Posts: 267
Joined: 19 Dec 2015, 12:09

Re: Donations

Postby Cereal Guy » 24 Mar 2016, 07:35

Potatog6 wrote:I find that funny when you had a hacker/scammer such as tweety who's also an asshole as an admin. I wonder who is more bad of an admin here.


Just FYI: He hasn't been around here in a while and is no longer with us.
IvanNile
Posts: 34
Joined: 19 Jan 2016, 05:59

Re: Donations

Postby IvanNile » 24 Mar 2016, 09:46

Cereal Guy wrote:Just FYI: He hasn't been around here in a while and is no longer with us.

When you say "no longer with us" do you mean that he left the site or that he died?
User avatar
Cereal Guy
OMNOMNOM
Posts: 267
Joined: 19 Dec 2015, 12:09

Re: Donations

Postby Cereal Guy » 24 Mar 2016, 09:47

IvanNile wrote:
Cereal Guy wrote:Just FYI: He hasn't been around here in a while and is no longer with us.

When you say "no longer with us" do you mean that he left the site or that he died?


oh my.. i meant he left the site, he isn't dead.

Return to “Everything / Anything”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests