Site update

News / announcements will be posted in this forum by staff.
Tweety

Site update

Postby Tweety » 24 Jun 2017, 21:48

Some of you may notice that we have had some major changes on Tsumino.

Most of the changes are actually server optimisation, a lot of internals have changed making the site faster and we won't have those pesky lags/slow times during our daily backups or peak times. A lot of changes are made behind the scenes, tons of work has been put in to support future planned updates. We've been working on this for a while now trying to make sure that our up-time remains 100% for you guys, it's been a real pain though. Both admins have a full time day job and squeezing time for Tsumino development. Over the next month, you should expect more site changes and features that have been requested, implemented into live production. We take every suggestion seriously, and consider all the pros and cons. Don't think we don't read them just because we don't respond, because we do. This is just a small update that will follow with more changes in the next few weeks. Do note that ALL these changes are experimental, they might be changed or tweaked in the next few weeks to work well with planned updates.

Our current changes are;

- Accounts page
Many of you guys might notice this one, but the accounts page got a revamp. You can now change your profile picture for the comments section here, very easy, very simple. 200kb is the maximum size, 40x40 so you know what to use. We will not be using the forum for it.

- Shareable lists
We know how much you pervs love to share your collections in your shady cults. Now you can share your custom lists with others. Load up your favourite doujins into a list, share the link with your friends, family, your aunt Margaret, the whole lot! This was probably one of the most requested feature.

- Moved the awkwardly placed upload button
Uploaders! Upload button has been moved to your accounts page, so don't panic.

- Removed news/forum preview
We removed that annoying bar on the right, it wasn't being put to it's original use and it looked ugly. Bye bye!

- Removed completed/In progress
We removed this feature. Honestly, it didn't work right. No logical algorithm exists to know if you're actually in progress in a book or if you're just taking a peak. Same with completed, if you skip a page, the first few pages, or the last few credits.. It just doesn't make sense. For now, I recommend users to create a list to track these progresses if you want to. In the future, we will have default lists for users to do these things and you can manually mark them. We can even do a list transfer, so if you're the type to track these and like it, then do it with your own list.

- Layout
3 new tabs instead of the old weird handful of icons we had, and here they are;

- Advanced search
We had several issues with users trying to use the previous advanced search, way too many times than we'd like to mention. For us, the search was pretty straight forward but it didn't seem clear to a majority of our user-base which is slightly concerning for you, and us. Maybe users want something really easy to use without the use of a brain? Ta daaaaa! Our new search system should be EXTREMELY easy to use.

- Settings
The settings will be filtering book properties, so length, ratings, oldest to newest, so forth. Easy right?

-My stuff
These are your stuff, favourites and lists that you have created. Mods/uploaders can view the upload queue and pending edits as well here.

Just a note; the forums will be depreciate in the future, most of our forum use will be mitigated to the main site and we will keep doing this till the forum is no longer needed. Plans to replace it will be put into place soon, our main interaction will be our discord server and maybe some new platforms. Maybe.

I'll be answering ALL the questions we've received from our Q&A in a few hours, so if you want to know or ask something that's not been asked, you can do so here; viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3809
Cereal Guy
OMNOMNOM

Re: Site update

Postby Cereal Guy » 24 Jun 2017, 21:56

#reserved#
Tweety

Postby Tweety » 24 Jun 2017, 22:03

#reserved#
wolf123

Postby wolf123 » 24 Jun 2017, 22:05

All i got on my phone is a black box. But i can still get here tho
Cereal Guy
OMNOMNOM

Postby Cereal Guy » 24 Jun 2017, 22:06

wolf123 wrote:All i got on my phone is a black box. But i can still get here tho

Refresh and try again? What browser is it?
chocolatte

Postby chocolatte » 24 Jun 2017, 22:11

I can't click a specific page to go to from the info page. It just adds a # to the end of the url.
Tweety

Postby Tweety » 24 Jun 2017, 22:13

chocolatte wrote:I can't click a specific page to go to from the info page. It just adds a # to the end of the url.

Thanks for notifying, fixing it as we speak.
alanoide97

Postby alanoide97 » 24 Jun 2017, 22:15

Working fine, and even if I do used the progress for tankoubons, lists and favorites are better, just another step to add books to them
wolf123

Postby wolf123 » 24 Jun 2017, 22:15

I was on basic phone browser. but i switched too google crome its a little slower but it works
Tweety

Postby Tweety » 24 Jun 2017, 22:16

wolf123 wrote:I was on basic phone browser. but i switched too google crome its a little slower but it works

Will be slow the first few minutes, normal for every drastic change.

Return to “Announcements”