tackling captcha issues

Strictly discuss Tsumino's development - Feedback, suggestions, bug report, tracking, etc.
Tweety

tackling captcha issues

Postby Tweety » 12 Aug 2018, 11:29

so recently a small number of people have been getting captcha issues. to sum it up, the issue is going to be on your side, not ours. the factors are decided by our captcha agent, not us as much as you think. however, this thread will be used to help you tackle the issue and point you in the right direction. il be able to use the info we collect to determine what kind of users are being affected, why, and the factors that cause icky captcha experiences.

to start off, il need your country that you are in, device, if you are using a vpn/tunneling services/vps's and if so, which vpn it is, if you are using any chrome/firefox plugins (ex; adblock) and last of all, your browser+version.

ex;

florida, USA
no vpns or any of that sort
chrome plugins; adblock, redux, magic enhancer
chrome 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) (latest)

all captcha issues should be reported in this thread, and this thread only.
Henotic

Re: tackling captcha issues

Postby Henotic » 15 Aug 2018, 17:01

I honestly don't expect this to come of anything, but hey, maybe it'll help a bit. For the past few months I've been getting several rounds of CAPTCHAs with tiles/pictures that are extremely slow to load or just flat out stay gray. Some days it's not too terrible, I have to do maybe 3-4 stages, but other times it'll take me through 9 or more rounds of CAPTCHAs, which is just absolutely infuriating when it pops up once every several books. Hopefully, this is something that can be fixed without requiring users to abandon their VPNs, because I hate to say it but I'd just move to a different service if it comes down to it. Additionally, it sometimes loads extremely noise-filled pictures that make it even harder and more aggravating.

My answers may be a little bit vague due to privacy concerns but I don't believe it will have an undue impact on the information it provides.

VPN: Private Internet Access
Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS, Windows 10 (latest version, cannot check version number atm)
Browser: Firefox Quantum 61.0.1 for Ubuntu
Browser plugins: Firefox, uBlock Origin (with most user lists enabled), Privacy badger.

Hopefully, this will result in something more than just a "The issue is on your end, stop browsing from behind a VPN," because I would much sooner abandon this site than my VPN. I honestly enjoy this website, but the only thing that is keeping me here right now is the Happy Sex tag and the fact that I can favorite that and immediately see which doujins are up my ally. However, with every hate-filled 8+ round CAPTCHA I have to fill out, I get closer and closer to just saying "fuck it" and finding a new source.
Tweety

Re: tackling captcha issues

Postby Tweety » Yesterday, 03:44

Henotic wrote:I honestly don't expect this to come of anything, but hey, maybe it'll help a bit. For the past few months I've been getting several rounds of CAPTCHAs with tiles/pictures that are extremely slow to load or just flat out stay gray. Some days it's not too terrible, I have to do maybe 3-4 stages, but other times it'll take me through 9 or more rounds of CAPTCHAs, which is just absolutely infuriating when it pops up once every several books. Hopefully, this is something that can be fixed without requiring users to abandon their VPNs, because I hate to say it but I'd just move to a different service if it comes down to it. Additionally, it sometimes loads extremely noise-filled pictures that make it even harder and more aggravating.

My answers may be a little bit vague due to privacy concerns but I don't believe it will have an undue impact on the information it provides.

VPN: Private Internet Access
Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS, Windows 10 (latest version, cannot check version number atm)
Browser: Firefox Quantum 61.0.1 for Ubuntu
Browser plugins: Firefox, uBlock Origin (with most user lists enabled), Privacy badger.

Hopefully, this will result in something more than just a "The issue is on your end, stop browsing from behind a VPN," because I would much sooner abandon this site than my VPN. I honestly enjoy this website, but the only thing that is keeping me here right now is the Happy Sex tag and the fact that I can favorite that and immediately see which doujins are up my ally. However, with every hate-filled 8+ round CAPTCHA I have to fill out, I get closer and closer to just saying "fuck it" and finding a new source.

combination of privacy badger and your vpn is causing the issues. disable both and tell me if the issue persists.

Return to “Development & Feedback”